Thursday, April 23, 2009

My role model

I am writing about women achievers, and I thought who can be a more personal woman role model than our own mother? the answer is 'none'. I have seen my mom struggle with daily unseen and seen forces of life. She takes two buses to reach the college where she is now HOD of Chemistry department. about two hours of to and fro travel in dust, pollution and hot summers. It took her about 25 years to reach this highly esteemed position of Head of the Department. 25 years of perseverance, honesty, passion, bad times, and good times. 

What made her the HOD today is her passion forteaching, passion for guiding young minds in the right direction. She is a very cool mom, mainly because she spends most of her day with youths. She knows how younger generation thinks and she adapts herself, in order to be a good example of righteous values. I am proud to say that my interest in learning new things comes from my mother, and my maturity to take the right decisions at the right time ( I hope they are matured decisions. only time can tell) comes from my father. 

Now you tell me , who can be a better role model than our own mother?

No comments: